Community Building Insurance

We can help you build a flexible policy for your community building, with cover underwritten by Zurich.

Insurance for Community Buildings

Every community building (e.g. a community centre) needs appropriate insurance to protect the building and management committee from financial losses that may arise due to unexpected events such as accidents, damage to the building, theft, or liability claims.

Our expert team of insurance agents can arrange flexible and affordable cover for your community building, with cover underwritten by Zurich. We can arrange cover for your building, contents (including furnishings and equipment) and liability cover, giving you peace of mind and ensuring your community building is fully protected.

Zurich Logo
Community centre insurance banner

Why do community buildings need insurance?

Some common reasons why community centres and other community buildings need insurance to protect the building, staff, volunteers and committee members include:

Property Damage

Community buildings usually contain assets such as furniture, kitchen equipment or audio-visual equipment, which could be damaged or destroyed e.g. through fire, flooding or other unexpected events.

Liability Claims

If a visitor or third-party suffers an injury or damage to their property while on the premises, they could make a claim for compensation. Liability insurance can help cover legal costs and compensation for these claims.

Cover for Events and Activities

Community centres and other community buildings often host events and activities that involve large gatherings of people. Insurance can help cover the risks associated with these events, such as accidents, injuries, or damage to property.

Flexible Cover

We can offer the following types of cover, with flexible options so you pay only for the cover you need:

Buildings and contents cover

Public liability

Employers liability

Financial and administration liability

Personal accident

Legal expenses

Trustees indemnity

Events cover

We can arrange insurance for all types of community building, including community centres. If you are a small centre or a larger facility with many activities and events, we can help tailor a policy to meet your unique requirements.

Get a Quote or Find out More

If you are a community building looking for more information about insurance, please call us on 01380 732 809 or email: You can also request a free quote using the online form: