Local Council Insurance

We can help you build a flexible policy for your council, with cover underwritten by Zurich Municipal.

Insurance for Town & Parish Councils

Every town or parish council needs appropriate insurance to protect the council and its staff from financial losses that may arise due to unexpected events such as accidents, damage to property and equipment, theft, or liability claims.

Our expert team of insurance agents can arrange flexible and affordable cover for your town or parish council, with cover underwritten by Zurich Municipal. We can arrange cover for council buildings, contents and equipment (for public use), as well as public, employers and liability cover.

Zurich Municipal Logo
Play area - local council insurance banner

Why do Local Councils Need Insurance?

Local councils need appropriate insurance to protect council property, employees and members of the public. Local council insurance offers protection for:

Property Damage

Town and parish councils may own or lease property that could be damaged or destroyed due to events such as fire, flooding or accidents. Insurance can help cover the cost of repairs, rebuilding or replacement equipment (e.g. play equipment, street furniture).

Liability Claims

If a member of the public suffers an injury or damage to their property on council premises or while using facilities provided by the council, they could make a claim for compensation. Liability insurance can help cover legal costs and compensation for these claims.

Legal Expenses

Town or parish councils may face legal disputes or challenges, such as employment disputes or discrimination claims. Insurance can help cover the costs of legal defence and any resulting settlements or judgments.

Public Events

Councils may host public events such as family fun days, bonfire night celebrations and other events which involve large numbers of people. Insurance can help cover the risks associated with these events, e.g. accidents, injuries, or damage to property.

Flexible Cover

We can offer the following types of cover, with flexible options so you pay only for the cover you need:

Buildings and office contents

Cover for playground equipment

Cover for skate parks and playing fields

Cover for street furniture

Public liability

Employers liability

Hirers’ liability

Employee dishonesty

Libel and slander

Personal accident

Legal expenses

Public events cover

We can arrange cover for parish, town and city councils throughout England. We recognise that each council is different and can help tailor a policy to meet your unique requirements.

Get a Quote or Find out More

If you are a town, parish or city council looking for more information about insurance, please call us on 01380 732 809 or email: info@communityinsurance.co.uk. You can also request a free quote using the online form: